An Unforgettable Experience In My Life For The Year 2015

6:24 AM


2015 is about to end, and so for this blog post, I’d like to share an unforgettable experience in my life for the year 2015.

Before I went to college, my dream profession was to be a news reporter or news anchor. Aside from me wanting to be a reporter, my relatives also encouraged me to take AB Communication and told me to pursue what I want. Whenever I watch news, I see news reporters and news anchors that are brave enough and good enough to deliver news to the public. It takes a lot of courage to be assigned in different places, to be far from their loved ones, to have sleepless nights, and even getting their life threatened because of what they cover just to inform the public or give knowledge to the public on what are happening around us. Although at present, my wanting to become a reporter decreases, I still have the passion in discovering the world of reporters.

As part of our project for the Journalism Principles and Practices subject last semester, we were told to interview a reporter. When I first heard that we need to interview a reporter, one person immediately came into my mind. It is Mr. Mario Dumaual. It is because my grandparents told me before that the cousin of my grandfather is the wife of Mr. Mario Dumaual. We’ve tried everything to reach for him, and he immediately gave us a date, time and place for the interview. Kriz and I were a bit surprised that time because we can’t believe that he would like to schedule it already within the week that we called him. We expected that we would interview him weeks after we called but we wouldn’t want to miss any chance so we immediately fixed everything for the interview. When the day of the interview came, we drove to ABS-CBN in the morning. As we reached the ABS-CBN building, Mr. Mario Dumaual texted me that he has an emergency coverage at the Resorts World Manila. He asked if we could go there for our interview instead. We wouldn’t want to miss everything that we prepared for so we drove right away to Resorts World Manila. We felt like we were also news reporters who chase news. We arrived there just in time for the interview and I will share some of the most important things he said during the interview in my other blog post.

The whole experience was really unforgettable for me. Everything was like a mini dream that came to life. Being able to meet one of the best journalists of today and being able to interview him. Everything he said were full of knowledge that gave us clearer thoughts about the life of being a journalist. We were able to conclude that it is really not easy to be a journalist. We were able to know different tips or ways on how to be a good journalist in terms of covering, writing, speaking and more. Being passionate enough to do the things you need to do as a person, as a journalist, and with the right ethics, you will become a successful journalist and create a big name in the industry just like Mr. Mario Dumaual. Truly, Kriz and I were very lucky enough to have that opportunity with him. It made me more eager to do better in school so that I may be successful just like him or even more successful, I hope. Over all I learned that being unique in your own way makes you stand out from anyone else. It would take your whole self to be unique. Having a good personality, observing what is right and just, and not just thinking for the benefit of self but instead for the benefit of others as well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe